The commando of the VII. corps stationed in Temesvár (today Timișoara). The recruitment area of the corps covered the region of the Hungarian Plain east of the Tisza and south of the Maros rivers, essentially the Banat region. The city has been a military center since Turkish times. The district commander of the Turks was based here in the palace on the south side of today’s main square (Losonczy-tér). After the recapture of the area, a baroque palace was built on the site, which housed the corps headquarters in Temesvár. It is still a military building today, with the garrison commando inside.
The building was built in 1730, and as the postcard and the contemporary photo show, it can still be seen in its original state today. Unfortunately, this can also be applied to the condition of the building with a slight exaggeration, it has been quite worn out recently.
There are also several other military buildings on Losonczy Square. Here is the officer’s casino and next to it the rather uncharacteristic building built in the 1850s, which also housed the offices of the corps headquarters at the time. On the other side of the square, the Military Commissariat was located, and the military school was located in another building.
The Temesvár corps also had a cap badge. On it, we don’t see the landmarks of the city, but a battlefield, probably from the Italian front. The corps served here from 1915 until the end of the war. In 1915-16, Archduke Joseph was its commander. Another badge associated with the city is the beautiful badge of the invalid fund.