The 18th Honvéd Infantry Regiment was based in Sopron and was assigned to the 37th Division of Western Hungary. They fought primarily on the Russian front, in Transylvania in 1916 around the Tölgyesi and Ojtozi Straits. At the end of the war, the division was first ordered to Italy, and then moved to France around Strasbourg. They were no longer deployed here. At the end of November, the entire division was sent home to Hungary.
Several badges of the regiment are known. The most beautiful of these are the enameled pieces decorated with the Hungarian coat of arms. There are two types of it. On one of them, the number of the regiment was written on a round disc. There is no such thing on the other, the white ribbon is continuous, with the regimental number.