The 92nd Infantry Regiment was the home regiment of the military town of Theresienstadt (now Terezin). A young regiment was stationed in the young city: it was founded in 1882 from one battalion each of the 12th and 74th infantry regiments. The regiment was assigned to the IX. Corps. His detached battalion was assigned to the 10th Mountain Brigade. Like other regiments in the Sudetenland, this regiment had mostly German-speaking staff.
The regiment’s campaign followed the route of the IX. corps. In 1914, it was deployed in the offensive against Serbia. In the spring of 1915, they took part in the breakthrough in Gorlice, then in the autumn they returned to the Balkans and participated in the occupation of Montenegro. In 1916, the regiment was again deployed in the most important operation, the South Tyrol Offensive. At that time, the 2nd battalion was separated from the regiment. This unit remained in Tyrol while the other battalions were reassigned to the Eastern Front.
The regiment suffered its biggest loss in November 1917. At that time, they took part in the pursuit of fleeing Italians. On November 16, the regiment crossed the Piave River. The 92nd regiment was the only one that did this at that time and they also managed to establish a bridgehead on the west bank of the river. For unclear reasons, the crossing was not followed by further combat action. It cannot be ruled out that the unit was not ordered to cross. In any case, the two battalions stranded on the west coast were captured by the Italians after receiving no reinforcements or supplies in the following days. They also took part in the Piave Offensive in 1918, but their attack was unsuccessful. In November 1918, they managed to retreat as an operational unit to the Sudetenland, where the organizing Czechoslovak state disbanded the regiment.
In the wearing photo, the better-known enamel badge of the regiment can be seen on the front of the field cap, between the two buttons. On the side the badge of Archduke Friedrich is pinned to the cap.